drank Ginger Matcha by Art of Tea

Wow… 2 bowls of matcha in 3 days! Not at all like me… Steepster is having an influence on me… good influence? bad influence? Haven’t decided yet.

I love this ginger matcha. Smooth and sweet – yummy! I love the ginger in it, and how you can actually bite into the little bits and release some of their peppery power! This particular bowl of matcha has quite a bit more ginger bits than the previous bowls.

This is still not my favorite matcha, though… but, it IS delightful and if I don’t start staying away from Steepster I might end up having matcha on a daily basis or something like I do my Oolong.

165 °F / 73 °C
Cofftea

Absolutely the BEST tea related influence=D What is your favorite matcha? Ok, let’s be fair- what’s your favorite plain and flavored since you can’t compare a flavored to a plain and vice versa.

LiberTEAS

My favorite plain matcha is DoMatcha ceremonial grade. No other matcha that I’ve tried even comes close. My favorite flavored is without a doubt the pirate’s chai… OMG… just typing out pirate’s chai makes me want some… it is so good.

Cofftea

I have 100g of Lupicia’s matcha coming tomorrow AM (I love that the FedEx guy is so early- almost 8:45am on the dot every time)… it was only $15 so I’m extremely leary about the quality, but I’m so miserably broke and I absolutely need to have unflavored matcha on hand as well as flavored so it’s gotta be better than no matcha. Have you tried unflavored matcha from AOT to be able to focus on the base matcha? I need to see if I can get some of 52teas’ base matcha from Frank.

LiberTEAS

I haven’t yet tried AOT’s unflavored matcha. I just placed an order with them (yep, I had to have that tasting set, I have no idea why I had to have it, because I don’t actually see myself using it LOL) and I also ordered a couple of their teas, but not the unflavored matcha. Perhaps I will have to order some from them in the future… right now, I have so many teas… that I don’t know what I’m going to do with all of them! HA! I am thinking about putting together a “tasters set” with little samplings of several teas, and selling it from my blog, if for no other reason than to help move some of the tea – so I can get… MORE tea.

Cofftea

HAHA you sound like me! I have a crap load of tea, but I have certain staples that I absolutely need to have on hand at all times and an unflavored and flavored matcha are 2 of them. I’m gonna take a day off my strawberry tomorrow to try the Lupicia matcha… which I’m praying is better than the price/g would lead me to believe.

LiberTEAS

Here are my staples: I must have my Masterpiece Chai and my Chocolate Rose Romance tea on hand at all times. I have sold out of my Chocolate Rose Romance, but I have my own little hidden stash. LOL

I must have some kind of Oolong on hand at all times. If I could choose only one Oolong, it would be a Norbu Oolong and preferably Ali Shan (either fall or spring harvest Ali Shan. Their summer harvest is good, but not quite as good). I used to hoard Oolongs, but now I actually enjoy them every day which is better. But I find that I do still show signs of the hoarding, as I came across a full order of the Ali Shan the other day, tucked in my tea cabinet. LOL!

I must have jasmine pearls on hand at all times. Green jasmine pearls. If I could only have one green tea for the rest of my life, it would be jasmine pearls. Pure perfection.

I have a lot of “favorites” but these go beyond favorites and fall into the category of I MUST HAVE THESE!

LiberTEAS

I guess I would also like to have an Earl Grey on hand at all times… I guess if I had to choose one, it would either be my Earl Grey creme or Lupicia’s Earl Grey.

Cofftea

Mine are unflavored and flavored matcha, Mayan Chocolate Chai, and raw pu erh. I haven’t tried Muzi’s stone ground white yet, but that may be a contender as well.

LiberTEAS

I’m not fond of pu-erh… so far, the one that I’ve tried that I like the best is the chocolate pu-erh from Numi.

Cofftea

Oh yes, but that’s comparing apples to oranges again… even more-so than flavored and unflavored matcha because aside from numi’s chocolate I love raw pu erh when I can on “tolerably drink” unflavored cooked pu erhs.

HeavenlyDiva34

Honestly I have to be in a particular mood for ginger, but I felt this was a pretty nice matcha.mI tried a sample of this from my local tea shop mixed with plain water. Next sip taste, I will have to try this as a ‘matcha palmer’. FYI Matcha Palmer is a matcha lemonade blend. I love ginger and lemon together.

Comments

Cofftea

HeavenlyDiva34