Now that I’m finished with my “matcha break” I have moved on to my third infusion of these leaves. Those little tiny slivers of leaves have expanded to at least 5 or 6 times their size! And they are still providing amazing flavor.

This time I steeped for a full minute, just like the first infusion (the second infusion I steeped for just 45 seconds) and I must say that I prefer the full minute to the 45 seconds.

The flavor is sweet, nutty, and much less vegetal than the first infusion. Not that the vegetal flavor was bad, because I liked it. There is very little bitterness to this – there was more bitterness to the first infusion (although it was still quite subtle). Buttery! Nice floral note – but difficult to pinpoint the flower. It’s delicious though… whatever it is!

Tea is truly perfection – and this tea is a clear statement to that perfection. How can anyone prefer a soda (or coffee, or anything else, for that matter) to this?

Cofftea

I quite enjoy other beverages like coffee and wine, but I can only have one coffee beverage a day- tea has longevity… I drink it ALL day. Honestly though, if I ever found an NA wine that tasted JUST like regular wine, that may give tea a run for its money, especially when it’s just too hot to drink hot tea. But then again that’ll never happen so it’s all good :)

LiberTEAS

I like wine also, but, I don’t drink alcohol very often. In fact, I usually only buy wine when I am cooking with it (like when I make something like a beef brisket, which isn’t really often), and then I have what’s left over from cooking with it. I’m quite a novice when it comes to wines… and I feel like I probably would drink more of it if I had a better understanding of what kinds of wines I liked.

But I’m really not much into alcohol – caffeine is my drug of choice!

LiberTEAS

OH… and I meant to add… I usually choose wine based upon the shape of the bottle and the artistic merit of the label! LOL! Mostly because I will alter the bottle after I’m finished with the wine, and I will use the label in other artwork. So, these things are very important to me… and even more important to me than how the wine tastes… which should illustrate just how important (or perhaps I should say NOT important) wine is to me.

Stephanie

I know what you mean about choosing the wine for its bottle! My favorite wines are the Italian ones that come in their own basket—they look sooo 1950’s bohemian-cool. And I could use them as candle holders afterwards. :)

Comments

Cofftea

LiberTEAS

But I’m really not much into alcohol – caffeine is my drug of choice!

Stephanie