drank Amethyst by Old Wilmington Tea Co

Today has been kind of a crazy day, and I haven’t been able to take a moment to make myself a cup of tea! This is the first cup of the day for me!

So for my first cup, I decided I needed Oolong! I received my package from Old Wilmington Tea the other day, and I was just thrilled with their presentation. And not only did I get a free sample of tea, but a free sample of tea mints too! I like it when a company pays attention to the little details like this – it’s so special … it’s better than getting something I ordered … it’s like getting a gift!

Fun!!!

Anyways, THIS tea is the reason I placed the order with Old Wilmington in the first place. I saw someone else write a tea note about Amethyst tea… and I knew I had to get it. I probably would have even ordered it if it were a Lapsang Souchong! haha! You see… my daughter’s name is Amethyst. :)

But… as a bonus… not only is this tea named Amethyst… but it is an OOLONG tea too.

A very deeply oxidized Oolong, it possesses a delicate smoky quality to it and a slight earthy quality as well. There are buttery notes as well… but it is more of a savory buttery flavor rather than a sweet one. A very pleasant nutty tone as well. I’m really liking it.

Delightful!!!

Many more happy infusions to follow!

LiberTEAS

After the second infusion, I looked at the leaves, and they still have at least one more infusion to go (they aren’t even completely opened up yet!) The tea is still very flavorful – delicious… and I can definitely see why they called it Amethyst. The leaves look quite purple… as does the brewed liquor. A very pleasant Oolong.

Jenn-cha

I’ve gotten up to six infusions from it. Glad to know someone else is enjoying this too!

Your daughter has a beautiful name :)

LiberTEAS

Thank you Jenn-cha! I managed five infusions out of it last night before it was time for bed. I think I could have gotten another infusion from it. These leaves are so slow to open up completely – telling me that they have so much flavor in them. They’re so beautiful.

~lauren.

Ohh, loving Amethyst as a name for your daughter!

TeaEqualsBliss

Do you have any of this left by chance!?

No… sorry… I only had a small package of it (sample size) and it’s gone. :(

No worries :)

Comments

LiberTEAS

Jenn-cha

Your daughter has a beautiful name :)

~lauren.

Ohh, loving Amethyst as a name for your daughter!

TeaEqualsBliss

Do you have any of this left by chance!?

No… sorry… I only had a small package of it (sample size) and it’s gone. :(