drank Almond Oolong by Adagio Teas

I am still dealing with my nasal infection, and it feels like my tongue has been wrapped in cotton… it feels buffered, and my taste buds are having a hard time (for the most part) discerning flavor. I think that this might just be worse than the other symptoms of the infection – because I MISS being able to drink tea. Yes, I can still drink tea, but, part of me feels like “what’s the point?” because I can’t really enjoy it.

So, I have still been drinking teas, but, I am drinking ones that I’ve already tasted before… so that I don’t miss out on some interesting flavor that my taste buds wouldn’t pick up on right now.

With my nasal infection this doesn’t really taste much like an Oolong. But, it is still alright… at least I know it does taste better than I’m tasting right now…

__Morgana__

Hope it gets better soon.

Erin

Oh no! That’s horrible, not being able to taste tea. At least you’re still drinking it regardless, as it will probably help you to get better soon. At least I hope so, for your sake!

LiberTEAS

In order to taste food whatsoever, I have to use hot sauce! It’s like I’m an Observer (from the TV show Fringe, if you aren’t familiar with what an Observer is). Since I’m not too keen on adding hot sauce to my tea, I’ve been adding ample amounts of ginger. But not to this tea, because it just didn’t seem right to add ginger to Oolong for some reason……

Erin

I’m sure you’ve already seen a doctor for medical advice (and I’m certainly not a doctor – I’m a boy-crazy 19-year old), but have you tried using something called a Netti Pot (not sure if I spelled that right…). It looks like a tiny teapot and you fill it with a saline solution and shove it up your nose to cleanse your sinuses. It really washes you out and has always helped me avoid getting sinus infections.

Cofftea

Ginger to every tea! lol. I love adding ginger to their dancong aria.

Cofftea

Erin, Netti Pots are AWESOME!

LiberTEAS

Erin – my doctor has me on all kinds of medications including a nasal spray. I’ve never used the Netti Pot… but I will have to look for one the next time I’m at the drugstore. I don’t usually get nasal infections… Usually this time of year, I just get my allergies… and that is what I thought THIS was for a while until it kept getting worse and worse, finally I went to the doctor. I thought maybe I had an ear infection because my ears kept getting that “fuzzy” kind of sound to them, but, it ended being a nasal infection. I am feeling better than I was a week ago… but I sooooo look forward to getting my taste buds back! I have so much tea that I want to try that I’ve received over the last couple of weeks, and I haven’t tried it because I knew I wouldn’t be able to taste it… and I didn’t want to waste a tea I haven’t tasted yet when my taste buds are so impaired.

gmathis

Tazo Refresh is one of my go-to’s when I’m stuffed up … that, and anything with some mint: for inhaling, if not for drinking. Feel better.

Stephanie

I hope you feel better soon!!

Pyroxy

Yeah, nothing worse than drinking tea on a stuffy nose. :/

Comments

__Morgana__

Hope it gets better soon.

Cofftea

Ginger to every tea! lol. I love adding ginger to their dancong aria.

Cofftea

Erin, Netti Pots are AWESOME!

gmathis

Stephanie

I hope you feel better soon!!

Pyroxy