drank Artichoke Green by Adagio Teas

One thing that is “nice” (I’m trying to look on the bright side, here) about one’s taste buds operating at limited ability is that it gives one ample opportunity to clear out the tea shelf to make room for new teas.

So that’s what I’ve been doing… drinking teas that I’ve tasted previously and written reviews for on the Tea Review Blog (even if they haven’t yet published). I am making good use of the tea (It is rather comforting even though I’m not as effective at tasting it) and I am not “wasting” teas I’ve not yet tasted and reviewed on my miserable lack of tasting ability.

This tea is actually quite tasty, even with my funky taste buds! I think it tastes more like artichokes now than when I tried it originally. There is a faint lemon-like essence as well as a nice buttery flavor, which is quite appropriate to me, because the sauce I generally serve with artichoke is usually either a lemon-y butter-garlic sauce or a vinegar-y butter-garlic sauce. (Both are yummy, it really usually just depends upon whether or not I have lemons readily available… but I digress!)

It is a very unusual flavored tea, but, I really do like it. Of the teas from Adagio that I’ve tried, this is definitely one of my favorites, if not the favorite.

Cofftea

In my top 3 green faves from Adagio. I gotta try this iced. What was your leaf/water ratio?

LiberTEAS

I didn’t do this one iced. I used two tea spoons of tea for 16 ounces of hot water (good amount of steam, rapid bubbles at the base of the kettle = oh, about 170 degrees to me)

Cofftea

I love how changing the parameters can make 2 completely different teas. Their steeping parameters make a rather fruity cup while using a ratio of 1.5TB leaves, 6oz water @ 160 degrees, steeped for 90 sec makes for a MUCH more savory cuppa.

LiberTEAS

My second infusion of the leaves proved to be even tastier than the first infusion…

Cofftea

I prefer the more savory of the 2 cuppas.

Comments

Cofftea

Cofftea

I prefer the more savory of the 2 cuppas.

I am obsessed with tea!