drank Dragonwell by Narien Teas

This is one of my favorite Dragonwell Teas. I did not brew it “traditionally” – that is, I did not allow the tea leaves to become turgid. I have found that when I brew Dragonwell tea, if I brew the first infusion just 1 minute, I am able to get quite a few more infusions out of the leaves, and I prefer the flavor of the short steeped tea much more than that of the traditional method.

I’d like to think that my relationship with Dragonwell has come a long way since I first tried it some 10 years ago. My first experience was not a positive one, to say the least, and since that time, I’ve learned more about myself as a tea drinker and my preferences, and have experimented a bit to find that Dragonwell is one of my favorite green teas!

The flavor is sweet, only slightly vegetative (not nearly as vegetative as most Japanese greens), and has a very pleasant floral note. It tastes … like spring!

Even though I had said I won’t be rating teas numerically while I am sick, I have chosen to do so with this tea, because… my stores in this tea are getting quite low and I don’t know how long I’ll be sick vs. how long I’ll have this tea to rate it when I’m well. Even if I weren’t sick though, I would rate this one very high, because it is so good and worthy of the high rating.

Ricky

Ever since Radiance Tea House’s Dragonwell sampling, I’ve become more addicted to them. I realized I never made it with enough leaves so the flavors never stood out.

AmazonV

i made a batch with too many leaves (for me) i need a large supply to play with…after i dig out of all the teas i have now…for such a simple tea i can’t seem to get the leaf/water ratio right

AmazonV

Any hints on how much i should try out? (you seem to have found your leaf/water /time sweet spot!)

Comments

Ricky

I am obsessed with tea!