drank Ginger Matcha by Art of Tea

Decided to enjoy a bowl of this on this very cold, rainy evening… it’s very comforting to cup my hands around the warm bowl and sip the warm, ginger-y matcha. The ginger is not strongly spicy, but it has enough warmth to it to make it pleasant, especially on an evening like this.

The matcha is smooth and rich, although, I must admit after my very frothy matcha latte last night, and the beautifully frothy Den’s Tea Matcha a couple of days ago… I do miss the froth in this cup. It does froth – but not quite as nicely as the latte mixes or Den’s Miyabi Matcha.

Sweet, vegetative, just a little bit of bitter, and warm ginger-y spice = a lovely bowl of Matcha!

160 °F / 71 °C
Cofftea

Have you mixed it w/ the strawberry yet?

LiberTEAS

No, but I have made smoothies with it. My favorite is with vanilla yogurt and frozen peaches… ginger peach smoothie… YUM!

Cofftea

Ugh… that reminds me of the BEST smoothie I ever had… raspberry peach in Atlanta (no yogurt). I use ginger green tea as the liquid in that.

LiberTEAS

I think what I am going to try next is to add some of this to a basic chocolate cupcake recipe… and maybe make a pretty matcha frosting to top them off… that sounds yummy!

Cofftea

It would probably look pretty gross- but a chocolate matcha frosting would be so yummy. Do you think the ginger would stand up to the chocolate or even frosting? That’s why I never add 52teas’ matchas to anything… I think it’d be a waste of flavored matcha.

LiberTEAS

Actually, having used the 52Teas matchas in smoothies as well, I can tell you that the flavors and the matcha stands up to the other flavors… not a waste at all.

I don’t know how if the ginger would be able to hold its own with the chocolate… but, I don’t think I would use this particular matcha for the frosting, just because it isn’t as pretty a green as unflavored matchas. I would use an unflavored matcha for the frosting to make one of those pretty bright green frostings. :)

Comments

Cofftea

Have you mixed it w/ the strawberry yet?

I am obsessed with tea!