drank Caramel-Toffee by Dammann Freres

This tea smells yummy! I tried it first without any sweetener, and then added a little bit of raw sugar and found that this brought out the caramel-y goodness. This would also be very good as a latte with some steamed, frothed milk… but I don’t really feel like getting out my frother, so I think I’ll just drink it as is… it’s really good this way.

It’s hard for me to drink another caramel tea without comparing it to my Sweet Caramel o’Mine, because, well… I really like my Sweet Caramel O’Mine. :) But to be fair, I will try to leave that bias at the door.

This is a very good tea. The black tea base is smooth and rich. It is a non-assuming kind of black tea, that is, it doesn’t try to overwhelm the flavor of the caramel toffee. I love the buttery notes here. It reminds me a lot of a piece of… well, caramel toffee! Once upon a time, I used to make my own (when I didn’t have kids and a lot of other responsibilities that kept me from doing things like that) and this reminds me of that fresh, buttery toffee.

Veri-Tea

I only just came across Damman Freres the other week, at a French chocolate cafe I visited with my husband and a friend. I’ve had their 2nd flush Darjeeling and their Keemun, and they’re both lovely. Interested to have more teas from this company!

LiberTEAS

This tea offers a delightful second infusion as well. The second infusion is equally as flavorful – I dare say, even MORE flavorful! The buttery flavor really emerges! It is so rich and delicious.

TeaEqualsBliss

This one sounds interesting…and so far I have enjoyed the teas I have tried from that company! :P Some Toffee ones from other companies I have been able to take or leave thus far…lol…

Comments

Veri-Tea

LiberTEAS