drank Ginger Matcha by Art of Tea

I’m having another smoothie with this – but this time I’m using organic Kefir instead of organic yogurt – Whole Foods didn’t have a decent price on my favorite yogurt the last time I was there, darn it! – but to be honest with you, I think I like the Kefir better than the yogurt in the smoothie! It has a gentle, sour-cream-ish tangy quality to it that yogurt lacks.

This time around, I also tossed in a banana, mostly because we had one on the counter and I wanted it consumed. To compensate for the extra fruit (I added more peaches too), I used a tablespoon of ginger matcha instead of a couple of heaping scoops.

The result is a yummier smoothie! BETTER than anything I could get from jamba juice. Now, if only I could convince my kids of this. My daughters look at these matcha smoothies and say “eww… it’s green!” LOL

Cofftea

My mother has the same reaction to just plain matcha haha:)

LiberTEAS

The other day, I was walking into the family room with my chawan, and my hubby looked into it, shook his head and said “that LOOKS so weird.”

Aren’t moms supposed to promote the consumption of greens? LOL

Cofftea

Too funny! When I got my mom to finally try the strawberry, I told her “here. this is for making me eat broccoli- only you’re lucking out, this is SO much better.”

Cofftea

I’m gonna make a dreamsicle matcha smoothie tonite- equal parts milk and OJ, ice, and matcha. If I had planned in advance I would have frozen the OJ and used that instead of water ice, but I didn’t. Oh well. I think you should make the same thing tonite:)

LiberTEAS

I think I may make ginger matcha shortbread cookies. I even set butter out to get to room temperature last night with that in mind. We shall see how I feel after dinner!

Comments

Cofftea

My mother has the same reaction to just plain matcha haha:)

Aren’t moms supposed to promote the consumption of greens? LOL