drank Earl Grey by Lupicia

This is my first cup of tea of the day. Last night was a late night for me, because we spent most of the night watching Lost, and then I spent a good amount of time contemplating it. So when I did wake up this morning, hubby wanted to go run errands. So I haven’t had time to make myself a pot of tea until a little while ago.

I just realized that I’m running a little low on this tea, so I guess I will need to buy more then next time I place an order with Lupicia. This is one that I cannot fathom not having in my cupboard.

I LOVE Earl Grey teas. This is the best of the best, in my humble opinion (although I still have yet to do a side-by-side with the Steven Smith Lord Bergamot, which is either equal to, or only 1 or 2 points behind this one). I love the black tea base, which is Keemun instead of the traditionally used Ceylon, which brings a depth of flavor to the blend that most Ceylon teas are incapable of doing. Rich, almost wine-like, slight smoky notes, even slightly toasty-ish.

The Bergamot is citrus-y with pleasing floral notes – and not too strong so that it comes off as perfume-y. It toes that line very well.

Of all the Earl Grey teas that I’ve tried, this one is just about as perfect as they can get.

LiberTEAS

The second infusion of this tea is even better than the first – it is sweeter, smoother, and richer. Excellent!

Comments

LiberTEAS

I am obsessed with tea!

I am a co-founder of the SororiTEA Sisters:

I no longer write for the SororiTea Sisters but I am still the admin for the blog.

The reason I’m no longer writing for SororiTea Sisters is because I am now the Mad Tea Artist for 52Teas:

I’ll still be posting occasional reviews on teas here on Steepster, mostly backlogged reviews because I’m way behind on getting reviews posted. That’s why I’m keeping two accounts active at the current time – so that I can get those backlogged reviews posted.

I also am intrigued by flavored teas with an unusual or unique flavor combination, which is why I was very excited to be the Mad Tea Artist of 52Teas!

Vancouver, WA