drank White Masala Chai by Yogic Chai

Finishing up the last of this in my cupboard.

This tea really surprised me. I wasn’t expecting much from a white chai, because white tea is so delicate, I figured the spices would completely overwhelm the flavor of the white tea. But I think that Yogic Chai did a really good balancing act here. The spices are very lively, but do not overwhelm the fresh, light taste of the white tea.

Here is a link to my full review of this tea on The Tea Review Blog:

Cofftea

Now would you add milk to it? I wonder how their new acai white chai is…

TeaEqualsBliss

This one surprised me, too!

LiberTEAS

No, I didn’t add milk to it. I suppose you could, but I think it would overwhelm the white tea flavor. I did add honey (I always add honey to chai) which brings out some of the more delicate nuances of the spices. But no milk.

LiberTEAS

@cofftea – I am not a big fan of acai berry, so I’m not rushing to place an order for that one. If I place another order with them for something else, I might include it in the order, just for the sake of curiosity.

I sent you a few quick emails btw

malomorgen

takes some skill i assume to make chai with white tea without killing the white tea…

LiberTEAS

@malomorgen It definitely takes a careful balance with the flavors.

Cofftea

I agree malomorgen- milk w/ green chai is pushing it. I tried it once and it was pretty good, but I probably won’t do it again.

Comments

Cofftea

Now would you add milk to it? I wonder how their new acai white chai is…

TeaEqualsBliss

This one surprised me, too!

I sent you a few quick emails btw

malomorgen

LiberTEAS

@malomorgen It definitely takes a careful balance with the flavors.

I am obsessed with tea!