Enjoying the last of the sampling that TeaEqualsBliss sent to me… thanks!

I think I have found the secret for this tea – because this cup is so much better than yesterday’s cup. This tea does well with a rinsing (or awakening) of the leaves. It helps remove some of the astringency and tannic quality of the tea – not all of it, and I didn’t want to eliminate all of it, but, yesterday’s cup was just a bit too much for me. But a quick 10 second rinse of the leaves and the tea tastes so much better – all flavors are in check!

It is still a rather robust tea, but the vanilla softens it a bit and I can really taste the caramel this time around also. A little fruity and a little sweet, together with a very pungent black tea.

Since this one is so much better, I shall increase the rating just a bit.