THANK YOU to Suzi for sending me a sample of this Oolong! I have wanted to try it ever since I saw your tasting note on it.

The aroma of the dry leaf is quite as I wanted it to smell (but my expectations were not quite as high because I have not had teas from this vendor before so I was not sure exactly what to expect!) – so I was thrilled to open the tin and smell ROSES! Very fragrant – perhaps the most fragrant rose tea I’ve ever encountered.

Ah… this is really… really GOOD! I love rose teas (In fact I can’t think of a flower tea that I’ve disliked … I am sure there has probably been at least one, but none come to mind)… and this is absolutely a ROSE Oolong. No mistaking it.

Sweet, fragrant and delicious!

The next time I brew this tea I shall do so properly – with my gaiwan! That is not to say that using the smart tea maker is not a good way to brew it – it is… but it just feels more REGAL when I use my gaiwan… and this tea is absolutely suited for regal treatment.

Multiple infusions will follow!

Suzi

I’m so glad you liked it :D It is one of the few teas I take the time to “properly” prepare with a Gaiwan, rinsing before steeping and the like.