drank Spring Serenade by Adagio Teas

This tasting note has been made possible by Rachel – Thank you Rachel for sending me a sample of this blend to try!

I don’t have a lot of experience with the citron fruit, although I did have a citron marmalade once that was really quite delicious.

The flavor is really quite nice in this blend. The creamy vanilla dominates. The fruit flavors – apple and citron – aren’t as distinctive, its more like I can taste a fruity “medley” as opposed to a distinct apple and citrus flavor. The apple flavor does become more distinct in the sweet and smooth finish.

The green tea base is nice. I definitely prefer Adagio’s green tea base to their black tea base, which is a good thing in this particular blend, because the tea flavor is quite prominent. It has a pleasant fresh, vegetative flavor to it. Just slightly grassy, just slightly sweet, and I can detect no bitterness in it. Very enjoyable.

This is really a very tasty blend.

Angrboda

I had to consult wikipedia on the topic of ‘citron’ here. You see in danish citron=lemon and I had the hardest time ever believing you had never had anything with lemon (and I also wondered why on earth you refused to just say lemon)
Great was my astonishment to learn that in english citron=whole other fruit! O.O They’re called ‘cedrat’ in danish. Never heard of them before.

Comments

Angrboda

I am obsessed with tea!