drank Elderberry Green Tea by 52teas

This tea was not one that I immediately ordered when it was announced… I’ve never really tried an elderberry, but after reading the comparison of “something between a sour grape and a blueberry” – I wasn’t really that intrigued… I like blueberries ok, but generally, grape is just not my favorite flavor, especially sour grapes.

So, I figured, Hey, I could resist ordering this particular tea (a good thing, because I order MOST of Frank’s teas the day that they are announced, and I probably have more of his tea than he does)

But, then I read Meghann’s tasting notes of this tea, and I decided that I needed to try it.

And I’m really glad I did! I’m surprised at how much I really like this tea… although I really shouldn’t be surprised because I can’t think of a time when I’ve been disappointed in a tea that I’ve tried from 52Teas. (I still won’t try the peanut butter teas though, just won’t do it, and you can’t make me. I like peanut butter ok, but, it doesn’t belong in my tea.)

The flavor is nothing like a sour grape to me. I can taste the blueberry-ish note to it though. It’s like a slightly more tart blueberry… not a sour-tart… but, kind of a tingly tart that hits your tongue after you’ve eaten a fresh berry tart. It’s a very light, delicate kind of taste, and I like it.

The green tea base is perfect for this particular fruit, because it is not too aggressive so it allows the delicate berry flavors to come out a bit more. If this were a black tea, I think that some of the subtleties of the berry would be lost.

Very good!

Meghann M

Yay, glad you enjoyed it. I think it is my favorite flavored green from 52teas. It just does the flavor so well!

TeaEqualsBliss

Yet another one I will have to look into – oh my! My wishlist is hoppin’ today! LOL

LiberTEAS

@TeaEqualsBliss: I’m pretty sure I have some of this packaged up for you for the next box…

YAY!