Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me a sampling of this tea.

It’s delightful!

Looking at the dry leaves, I would have never guessed this was a Darjeeling tea. They possess that green/brown color of a Darjeeling tea – although it is quite a bit lighter, but, these leaves are long, slender, and curly, and even have some white-ish tips that made me think that this was perhaps a golden Yunnan… or even some sort of silver spindled needle white tea. But then, I’ve never come across a white Darjeeling before.

But the taste is definitely Darjeeling. Ah… there it is – Muscatel!

Woodsy, musky, with a deep fruity note that tries to hide itself amid the earthy tones. There is a slight floral note as well – just barely there. This tea seems to be almost sparkling! So crisp. So refreshing. So light. Sweet and gentle and beautiful. This is why I love Darjeeling.