drank Jasmine Grey by 52teas

Bubble Gum. Yep. That is my first impression of this tea. Double Bubble bubble gum, more precisely. The kind that has the little comic strip inside and that as a kid I could buy 2 for a nickle. Yeah, that says a little something about my age, doesn’t it?

OK then.

Actually, my very first impression was not bubble gum, because my first impression was formed when I first opened the package and smelled the dry leaf. I could smell the jasmine and the bergamot. The bergamot was not as overpowering as in some Earl Grey teas, and it mingled rather nicely with the jasmine. It smelled delightful.

It is the brewed liquor that smells a bit like double bubble bubble gum. And in my very first sip, when it first hit my tongue, I could taste that sweet taste of double bubble bubble gum.

This is not a bad thing, mind you, because I like double bubble bubble gum. It is just a bid odd and unexpected.

But then, I’ve come to expect the unexpected when it comes to Frank and 52Teas!

Now that I am sipping it a little more, the flavors are becoming more defined. I can taste the jasmine notes – it is very pleasant. The bergamot is not as distinct – it is certainly not the overpoweringly purfume-y, sharp bergamot that is sometimes encountered with an Earl Grey tea. It is a nice citrus note that is smooth and sweet.

There is a faint sharp note to it though, but, it isn’t a typical Earl Grey sharpness, I think it has more to do with the jasmine. It isn’t an unpleasant sharpness, though.

I like it.

mpierce87

This is completely unrelated to this post, but I just wanted to let you know that I checked out your online shop today and your caramel tea sounds divine. I need to wait for a few weeks before making any more purchases, but you are really next on my list. I just hope you still have some by then.

cody

What I always use to describe the taste of jasmine tea – the ones I’ve had, at least – is “lip gloss.” But, as I was a devotee of Lip Smackers in my youth, lip gloss and bubble gum are nearly indistinguishable to me, I think.

LiberTEAS

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a bubble gum (or even a lip gloss) kind of taste from a jasmine before. That is why this one is so unusual for me. It’s not bad, it is just different from other jasmines that I’ve encountered.

inguna

I just got a package of this. I haven’t tried it yet but it does indeed smell like Bubble Gum or Gummy Bears.

Comments

mpierce87

cody