This is one that I’ve really looked forward to trying since I got my box from Zoomdweebies… and I couldn’t stand it any longer – I just had to try it (even though it is a little late for me to be drinking black teas, I usually stop by around 5 pm and start drinking green, whites and Oolongs instead).

The smell is YUM. It reminds me a bit of the watermelon bubble gum I used to buy when I was young for the sole purpose of annoying my step-mom (who hated the smell of it) – well, it was ALMOST the only reason I would buy it… I also quite enjoyed the gum. :)

The flavor is surprisingly good – I say surprisingly (although I shouldn’t be surprised as Frank knows his stuff) because I just don’t picture watermelon and black tea working well together … I’d have imagined watermelon to be a bit on the delicate side and would be overwhelmed by the strength of the black tea base. But it didn’t happen here.

I can taste the watermelon! I can taste the black tea. I guess my only complaint would be that the watermelon tastes a bit more like watermelon candy (or gum) than it does the watermelon fruit – it is sweet – candy-ish rather than sweet – fruity-ish. But, that’s not really a valid complaint because I love watermelon candy/gum.

Yummy. I think I will use what I have left of this and make iced tea for tomorrow!

Suzi

I hope this one is in the box I ordered :) It sounds delish!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Would you mind sharing some of this one with me? I love to try some. Please!

LiberTEAS

Rachel: I’m really sorry… but I just finished brewing the last of this that I had for iced tea – I have sent off the rest of it to TeaEqualsBliss – but maybe she can share some with you? :( Sorry.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

No problem, I will ask her. Hopefully she will have a little to spare. Thanks :-)

I hope so!

52teas

Working on some NEW watermelon blends (The Zoomdweebie’s blend DID use some artificial flavors, and it WAS good, but the 52teas blends are going to be AMAZING)

LiberTEAS

AWESOME. I can’t wait to try it. I think that it would be spectacular as a green tea blend. Another great green tea blend would be GRAPEFRUIT. :) (please)

TeaEqualsBliss

Can’t wait to try this!!!!

Comments

Suzi

I hope this one is in the box I ordered :) It sounds delish!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Would you mind sharing some of this one with me? I love to try some. Please!

I hope so!

52teas

TeaEqualsBliss

Can’t wait to try this!!!!

I am obsessed with tea!