This is one of the most unusual tasting chai teas that I’ve ever encountered… unusual but very tasty!

Before reading anything about it, I tasted it, and noticed a chocolate-y note, and something else… but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. It tasted a bit like… cherry! But I thought that my taste buds must be off or something, because, I’ve never come across a cherry flavored chai before.

Then I went to the website and saw that this is … in fact, a chocolate cherry flavored chai. Weird! But GOOD!

The cherry is not an IN YOUR FACE kind of cherry flavor – it’s subtle and tastes a bit like a cross between a candied cherry and a bing cherry. The chocolate is smooth and rich tasting. And the chai is not a spicy chai – there aren’t any real strong ginger notes or spicy hot cinnamon… it’s a smoother, sweeter kind of chai, with notes of warmth to accent the mocha like flavors.

I like it!

Cofftea

I’m not bothered by a chocolate cherry chai- I’m bothered by the fact that I would have never dreamed it had cherry in it based on the name.

Caitlin