drank Chocolate Mate Chai by Rishi Tea

This is a tea that I was skeptical about – ok, ok, I admit it, I was afraid of this tea.

I am not crazy about pu-erh. That being said, I have tried a couple of pu-erh teas that I’ve liked alright – but, for the most part… I have a hard time getting past that distinctive earthy quality that pu-erh possesses. In a blend with mate which is also quite earthy… yeah, I was afraid to try it.

But… I’ll give it a chance.

Wow! This is actually really good. The chocolate is smooth and rich. The chai is not over-the-top spicy but I like how the masala spices come across in this blend. It doesn’t taste earthy at all. I love the coconut and the chocolate in this blend – they are the strongest flavors here. A different but tasty chai.