drank Cranberry Matcha by 52teas

Of the three flavored Matchas that 52Teas released recently, this was the one that I was least eager to try… I don’t know why I’ve got this predisposition to immediately dismiss cranberry flavored teas. I actually like cranberries… I just sometimes think I don’t.

This has a very nice cranberry aroma when I opened the pouch. The flavor of the cranberry is much softer, which is alright with me because I like how the cranberry and matcha unite. This is smooth and sweet, not too tart (although a nice cranberry tartness comes through at the finish and tickles my tongue) and just… YUM!

Cofftea

What was your ratio (or best estimated if you winged it)? I tried it this morning and got virtually nothing but thick, almost chalky matcha. It was only in the after taste. I really want to love this- please help:)

LiberTEAS

Three scoops with my chashaku, then I add a little hot water to do a pre-whisk (I found that this one was a bit lumpier than the other two). After I’m satisfied with my pre-whisk, I add a bit more water… filling my chawan to about the halfway mark. I don’t measure so I don’t know how much water this actually is, and I don’t know the capacity of my chawan.

Cofftea

Hmmm… That’s what I did. I used 8oz water. I’ll tinker w/ it on Mon after I get thru the other 2.

Comments

Cofftea

LiberTEAS

I am obsessed with tea!

I am a co-founder of the SororiTEA Sisters:

I no longer write for the SororiTea Sisters but I am still the admin for the blog.

The reason I’m no longer writing for SororiTea Sisters is because I am now the Mad Tea Artist for 52Teas:

I’ll still be posting occasional reviews on teas here on Steepster, mostly backlogged reviews because I’m way behind on getting reviews posted. That’s why I’m keeping two accounts active at the current time – so that I can get those backlogged reviews posted.

I also am intrigued by flavored teas with an unusual or unique flavor combination, which is why I was very excited to be the Mad Tea Artist of 52Teas!

Vancouver, WA