Doulton – I love you. Thank you for sending me this tea. It is truly amazing.

This is a yellow tea. Of course, it doesn’t look like a yellow tea… or at least, not like the yellow teas that I’ve experienced before. This is my first experience with a Meng Ding Huang Ya like this – the leaves are quite a bit darker than other Meng Ding Huang Ya teas that I’ve tried.

But I’m not complaining at all, because this tea is sublime. Delicious, rich, nutty, sweet. No astringency, no bitterness… just deliciousness. I can taste only a subtle hint of vegetative quality at the finish.

Put simply, this is an amazing tea. I want more.

LiberTEAS

The second infusion of these leaves is equally as amazing. It is a little lighter, but the flavor is still sweet and nutty and delicious. YUM!

T.C.

Your review has me intrigued. Any idea where I can get a sample of this without shelling out the money for 100g?

LiberTEAS

Unfortunately, I do not. I used the only leaves I had of this today. In my opinion, it IS worth the money, though, and I will probably be placing an order within the next couple of months.

Cofftea

Ok, this is where I reveal what a tea idiot I am w/ some aspects. I just got this updated from Upton… the name is similar… but is the tea similar?

ZG62: Huang Shan Mao Feng Superior “This hand crafted tea is a more affordable version of our Supreme Huang Shan Mao Feng. The cup is sweet, with notes of apricot and pear. The liquor has a slightly darker hue than the Supreme, and is notable for it’s smooth flavor and light, sweet aftertaste.” 40g packet is $10.80; more about this item at:http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/index.asp?home=Item&itemID=ZG62

LiberTEAS

No, I don’t think that they are similar, Mao Feng is a green tea, where as the Meng Ding Huang Ya is a yellow tea. Yellow and green teas are different in flavor, texture and process. Also, this Meng Ding Huang Ya is different from even other Meng Ding Huang Ya teas that I’ve tasted. Most of the Meng Ding Huang Ya teas that I’ve encountered have been yellow to yellow-ish green in color, where these leaves were quite a bit darker… still possessing some of the green and yellow hues but much darker in color.

Cofftea

Ok. Well I tried. Yellow tea is like Pu Erh… I’ve seen it lumped w/ both green and oolong. And white too I think. Runs and hides in shame of her stupidity…

Comments

LiberTEAS

T.C.