drank King of Fruits by Lupicia

I received this sample in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

The aroma of this tea is amazing… so delicious that it made my mouth water just smelling the dry leaf. This fragrance softens a little with the brewed liquor, but, fortunately, it doesn’t soften a lot. I can still smell a delicious fruity scent that is unlike anything I’ve ever smelled before.

Delicious! The green tea is a little buttery, sweet, and lends itself well to the Durian fruit – something I’ve never actually tasted, but am enjoying the taste of it now! Sweet, juicy and delicious. Tropical-like. Very good.

sophistre

Interesting! I’ve been told that durian is pretty polarizing…people either absolutely love it, or they hate it. It’s banned on public transit systems and in public in many places, because of its odor. There are some awesome quotes about it on this wikipedia page:

There’s a Vietnamese place here that actually serves durian shakes. I’ve been so, so curious…but also too chicken to order it and try it, in case it makes my apartment reek…

Maybe durian tea is a good halfway step!

Errr, half step. Ha. It’s late. >.>

Shinobi_cha

There is a restaurant near us that serves Durian juice (more like a slush or icee?), and the odor is very light. However, the flavor is VERY good. If you’re curious to try it, I definitely recommend it in a liquid form; I’ve seen mochi-like desserts with durian inside and it smelled awful and was not good (in my opinion). However, I enjoyed the juice and would order it again.

Comments

sophistre

Maybe durian tea is a good halfway step!

Errr, half step. Ha. It’s late. >.>

Shinobi_cha

I am obsessed with tea!

I am a co-founder of the SororiTEA Sisters:

I no longer write for the SororiTea Sisters but I am still the admin for the blog.

The reason I’m no longer writing for SororiTea Sisters is because I am now the Mad Tea Artist for 52Teas:

I’ll still be posting occasional reviews on teas here on Steepster, mostly backlogged reviews because I’m way behind on getting reviews posted. That’s why I’m keeping two accounts active at the current time – so that I can get those backlogged reviews posted.

I also am intrigued by flavored teas with an unusual or unique flavor combination, which is why I was very excited to be the Mad Tea Artist of 52Teas!

Vancouver, WA