drank Vanilla Comoro by Harney & Sons

I ordered this sample months ago but have put off trying it because the “decaf” part scared me. I have had a lot of really good decaf teas lately, so I don’t know why I continue to fear the decaf, but, I do. It’s a deeply seeded fear that needs to be uprooted, but I haven’t been successful with that yet.

The aroma is lovely – it has a maple-y vanilla-y sweet scent. Delicious. And I can SEE the vanilla beans!

Wow, this is really good. REALLY good. Smooth and sweet and so very YUM.

Are you sure this is decaf?

LiberTEAS

@amandajo that’s it exactly! Herbals and other naturally caffeine free teas are ok, but, I have had some really nasty decaf teas in the past that when I see “decaffeinated” – I cringe.

amandajo

lol, I know, me too! Cringe is exactly the right word, it’s a physical reaction!

amandajo

I too fear the word decaf! Now I have no problem with herbal teas, red teas, etc. But I think there are so many bad decaffeinated teas out there that it’s guilt by association!

Jaime

I’m looking for this the next time I go to Jungle Jim’s (the only place near me that I know carries this brand). I’m always on the hunt for good decafs!

LauraR

I wish I could find this one the shelves somewhere.

Jaime

If I find it, I’d be happy to pick up a tin for you. I probably won’t be able to go until next month; every weekend in October is now booked for me.

teabird

I’ve been planning to make an order from Harney pretty much just to get a tin of this – it seems to be the best decaf tea out there. (Though, I’m happy to be corrected if someone has a better suggestion!)

Stephanie

Yay! I’m glad you liked it! The flavor totally makes up for the decaf-ness.

amandajo

Of course other decaffeinated items have proliferated the “nasty” connotation as well, sodas and coffee come to mind. Was this tea available in a particular store or did you order it online? It is tempting me. :)

Comments

LiberTEAS

LauraR

I wish I could find this one the shelves somewhere.

teabird

Stephanie

Yay! I’m glad you liked it! The flavor totally makes up for the decaf-ness.

I am obsessed with tea!