I am still feeling just a little “off” – a little sluggish, so I need some Yerba Mate. Some mornings, black tea is enough for me, other mornings, I really need the power of the Mate!

You can read my full review of this tea here:

Boiling 8 min or more
~lauren.

First – feel better! I know that we have sniffles & coughs in the house – my daughter brings it home from school where everybody is sick…

Second – Is it the passing of time that makes a change in the way we feel about certain teas that we didn’t like but now do? Or is it experience? Or a developing tea palate? Like, e.g., I tried a Long Jing before and I said – “not my thing” but after going through different teas for many months, recently, I tried a different Long Jing, and said “WOW – so good”. Maybe a combination of passing time, better quality tea leaf, more experience in different teas, developing a tea palate & opening of my mind to different tastes?

LiberTEAS

Thank you very much… I’m feeling better now, I was just feeling a bit tired, and black tea wasn’t waking me up the way I needed it to!

I think that the change in how we feel about a tea can be any number of the factors you mentioned. I do think that our palates develop over time, as does our experience and knowledge of how to brew teas properly. The first time I tried a Dragonwell, I did not like it at all, but, now I really love Dragonwell. I think this has something to do with my palate’s development as well as a better understanding of how to brew green tea… as well as a better quality tea.

I think that the Yerba Mate example has a bit more to do with the quality of leaf than other factors – although my palate becoming more accepting of earthy flavors cannot be overlooked as a factor either.

Comments

~lauren.

LiberTEAS