I am still feeling just a little “off” – a little sluggish, so I need some Yerba Mate. Some mornings, black tea is enough for me, other mornings, I really need the power of the Mate!

You can read my full review of this tea here:

Boiling 8 min or more
~lauren.

First – feel better! I know that we have sniffles & coughs in the house – my daughter brings it home from school where everybody is sick…

Second – Is it the passing of time that makes a change in the way we feel about certain teas that we didn’t like but now do? Or is it experience? Or a developing tea palate? Like, e.g., I tried a Long Jing before and I said – “not my thing” but after going through different teas for many months, recently, I tried a different Long Jing, and said “WOW – so good”. Maybe a combination of passing time, better quality tea leaf, more experience in different teas, developing a tea palate & opening of my mind to different tastes?

LiberTEAS

Thank you very much… I’m feeling better now, I was just feeling a bit tired, and black tea wasn’t waking me up the way I needed it to!

I think that the change in how we feel about a tea can be any number of the factors you mentioned. I do think that our palates develop over time, as does our experience and knowledge of how to brew teas properly. The first time I tried a Dragonwell, I did not like it at all, but, now I really love Dragonwell. I think this has something to do with my palate’s development as well as a better understanding of how to brew green tea… as well as a better quality tea.

I think that the Yerba Mate example has a bit more to do with the quality of leaf than other factors – although my palate becoming more accepting of earthy flavors cannot be overlooked as a factor either.

Comments

~lauren.

LiberTEAS

I am obsessed with tea!

I am a co-founder of the SororiTEA Sisters:

I no longer write for the SororiTea Sisters but I am still the admin for the blog.

The reason I’m no longer writing for SororiTea Sisters is because I am now the Mad Tea Artist for 52Teas:

I’ll still be posting occasional reviews on teas here on Steepster, mostly backlogged reviews because I’m way behind on getting reviews posted. That’s why I’m keeping two accounts active at the current time – so that I can get those backlogged reviews posted.

I also am intrigued by flavored teas with an unusual or unique flavor combination, which is why I was very excited to be the Mad Tea Artist of 52Teas!

Vancouver, WA