This is a decent rooibos blend, but of the four in the Festive Medley package from Suffuse, I would have to say that this one is probably my least favorite. The reason: I can taste the rooibos a little too much here, including that funky aftertaste that I get from rooibos sometimes. I don’t really like that aftertaste, and with many of the rooibos blends out there, the flavors added manage to conceal that funkiness… but somehow this one missed the mark.

But, a little bit of brown sugar does fix this, and also enhances the apple pie-like flavor. Not my favorite rooibos blend, but, not horrible.

Boiling 8 min or more