Yesterday, I tried this tea for the first time, and I was asked on that tasting note if there was any astringency to this tea, and to be honest, the amazing flavor of this tea had me so captivated that I didn’t even notice the astringency, if there was any! So, I decided that I should have another cup today and make it a special point to note any astringency.

The astringency here is light, but it is there. But what is different about this tea from other Assam teas is that the astringency doesn’t hit in the finish. I notice it right at the start of the sip. It is very slight, but then the flavors start to hit the palate and seem to wash over the astringency. The tail has just a hint of residual astringency, but again, this is so faint that it really doesn’t seem to have that dry effect that astringency usually has.

This really is the most different Assam that I’ve ever tasted. The creamy aspect is so amazingly good that I want to crawl into my teacup and bathe in it. I love this Assam. I have quite a few Assam teas in my cupboard, but if I could only have one … this one would be the one I’d choose.

Batrachoid

Awesome for sure. Thanks for answering that. Can you fall in love with a tea from reading about it? XD I’m definately getting some tomorrow! Whoo-hoo!

ColumbiaKate

I’ve been looking for a ‘different’ Assam to try. Looks like a good candidate. With so many tea tasting choices, an Assam mostly gets overlooked. Echoing TEB… Awessam!

LiberTEAS

Second infusion: creaminess is intact. The flavor is lighter, it is not as chewy as the first. I prefer the first infusion to the second, but, this is still worth the second steep.

silvermage2000

Nice review wow this sounds good especially for an assam usually they are to astringent for me after a few cups that I have to stop for awhile.

Comments

Batrachoid

ColumbiaKate