Thank you to Jaime for sending me some of this tea in my Secret Santa package!

This tisane smells like outside! Here in the Pacific Northwest we are surrounded by Douglas Fir trees, so I wasn’t surprised to read learn the Douglas Fir Tips in this were harvested from the Pacific Northwest (as well as Northern California).

I don’t think I’ve ever tasted a tisane made from pine trees before… this is a first for me. It is surprisingly good! It has a lemony taste to it. It also has a mint-like taste to it that isn’t quite mint. Like someone was trying to recreate the taste of peppermint and almost got there. It has a very crisp, clean and invigorating taste to it that tastes the way the air feels when we go for a hike in the forests of the gorge.

I like this a lot more than I thought I would! Thanks again, Jaime!

Cofftea

I know you “wing” a lot of your teas. What were your approx parameters for this? I could never get the pine tisane strong enough when I made it from my own trees.

Caitlin

I didn’t know pine trees were edible – haha

JacquelineM

My friend at work gave me another tisane from this company – white sage and wild mint! Waiting for the right day to try it :)

The DJBooth

I knew that you could make a tisane out of pine needles sounds fab. I’ve thought that Keemun teas I’ve had have a piney tasted to them…

Geoffrey Norman

Loved this stuff. It tasted like Christmas.

LiberTEAS

@Geoffrey, yes it did! But it didn’t really come off as “pine” tasting. My fear was that it would taste like Lapsang Souchong (I’m not a big fan of Lapsang Souchong) but it isn’t really smoky, or even really like wood. It just has a clean, fresh taste that reminds me of the forest!

Comments

Cofftea

Caitlin

I didn’t know pine trees were edible – haha

JacquelineM

The DJBooth

Geoffrey Norman

Loved this stuff. It tasted like Christmas.

LiberTEAS