drank Ecuadorian Guayusa by 52teas

OK, so I slept pretty well, just not very long, but I didn’t feel like I needed to crawl back into bed after getting the little one off to school. So, instead I started drinking tea to help shake the sleepeezzz … and I thought it was a good time to try the unflavored guayusa that I ordered a couple of weeks ago from 52Teas. I have tried their Lemon flavored guayusa and I felt like I was at a bit of a disadvantage in rating it or reviewing it until I had a better idea of what plain, unfettered guayusa tasted like… so here goes!

OK, it has a earthy quality to it, an earthy/vegetative quality to it that reminds me of yerba mate – but not exactly. Where a green yerba mate might be a little more vegetative than earthy, this one is more earthy than vegetative, and stronger in both these qualities than yerba mate is, and lacks any bitterness that is part of yerba mate.

But, it is very well-rounded. No astringency or bitterness whatsoever. Very smooth. Frank compared this to pu-erh, but this is infinitely better. I like this a lot. A whole lot, and I hope that Frank will start blending more blends with it. :) (a not so subtle hint, there, Frank!)

I like this very much.

Uniquity

I have the Lemolicious at home to try still, but I’m a little afraid of the flavour and the energy boost – glad to hear such a positive review

TeaEqualsBliss

I would love to try this!

And YES Frank…start blending buddy!!!! I begged Jason to add a new category just for Guayusa and he did!!! thanks Jason!

Comments

Uniquity

TeaEqualsBliss

I would love to try this!

I am obsessed with tea!