I must agree with TeaEqualsBliss – this is a different tasting Sencha. It is good, just different, and one that I want to spend some time with to evaluate a little further before I rate it.

Shinobi_cha

This looks like/sounds like an aracha (unsorted tea). Obubu tea sells those. Those do seem to have a unique flavor, because they are not blended with other teas to achieve a consistent flavor. Instead, you get a full idea of whatever cultivar, growing conditions, etc. were used. It is strange to see these sold, because I guess in Japan they are considered “Farmer’s Tea” for the most part.

Comments

Shinobi_cha

I am obsessed with tea!

I am a co-founder of the SororiTEA Sisters:

I no longer write for the SororiTea Sisters but I am still the admin for the blog.

The reason I’m no longer writing for SororiTea Sisters is because I am now the Mad Tea Artist for 52Teas:

I’ll still be posting occasional reviews on teas here on Steepster, mostly backlogged reviews because I’m way behind on getting reviews posted. That’s why I’m keeping two accounts active at the current time – so that I can get those backlogged reviews posted.

I also am intrigued by flavored teas with an unusual or unique flavor combination, which is why I was very excited to be the Mad Tea Artist of 52Teas!

Vancouver, WA