YIPPEEEEEEE!!! YAY!

ok, so you might be wondering what would possess me to request such a blend. Well, tomato is my favorite fruit. That’s why. Anyway… originally, it was my idea to make this a green tea blend, but, Frank and I discussed it and thought that it might be interesting with a touch of smoke from Lapsang Souchong. (not too much, though, because, I’m not big on strong smoky flavors)

This is yum! Not a sweet yum, but a lovely savory yum. Like a fantastic bruschetta in a teacup. I recommend adding a pinch of Kosher salt to this, It really elevates the flavors in this tea. The black tea base is pretty unassuming even with the lapsang in this, it has a light smokiness in the background but nothing that I am finding to be too strong or overpowering. The tomato is the strongest flavor and that’s just the way I wanted it to be.

The basil gives it a nice herbal note while the pepper adds some spice. It’s really delicious, I’m a very happy girl. I guess if I were to change anything about this, it would be that I would have liked to try a green tea version of it too. :)

52teas

This was definitely NOT my cuppa, and left to my own devices, I probably wouldn’t have blended something like this in 100 years, but I am very glad you (and at least one other person) are enjoying this.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I would love to try this but too scared to buy it.

Alana237

I ordered some of this and I can’t wait for it to get here!

Cofftea

I think I caved almost as fast as LiberTeas lol. Since this is so well loved (at least by one person lol), I’m hoping my hot dog tea will be next. I’m wondering what would have happened if the base would have been mostly a Yunnan black… then no need for the addition of pepper.

KeenTeaThyme

I wish I had ordered this! I missed my chance; it sold out. But it sounds so yummy… :)

Comments

52teas

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I would love to try this but too scared to buy it.

Alana237

I ordered some of this and I can’t wait for it to get here!

Cofftea