drank Organic Dian Hong by Basic Tea

Thank you TeaEqualsBliss for sending me a generous portion of this tea!

This is a very lovely tea. When I first looked at the dry leaf, I thought I was looking at a well-fermented Oolong because the leaves are very twisted and reminded me a bit of a high quality Formosa Oolong.

The tea is interesting. It has notes of Yunnan but is much more even in flavor, like a Ceylon. It also has some malty tones to it like an Assam. It’s very flavorful and yet mellow. I like this very much.

I am obsessed with tea!