Having a cup of this… I could smell hints of the saffron before I infused, but they were very faint. Flavor wise, the saffron doesn’t present itself until the near the end of the sip. This does have a bitter tone to it, I think I over-steeped… still want to play around with this one a bit and see if I can do better next time. Overall, it’s a bold, strong black tea with hints of sweetness and a bitterness that hits at mid-sip with the saffron coming through at the tail.

Michelle Butler Hallett

SAFFRON? IN TEA? (blissful swoon, with apologies for the enthusiastic caps-shouting)

Comments

Michelle Butler Hallett

I am obsessed with tea!