I decided to let this steep until the bulb had finished blossoming. Usually, I just steep it for about 3 or 4 minutes, even if it’s not finished opening, and then resteep it until it has fully bloomed. But, this time, I wanted to find out what it would taste like after steeping as long as it took for the bulb to completely open.

And it doesn’t taste bad at all. In fact, it’s really quite lovely – not just to look at but to drink as well. The flavor is lightly vegetative with sweet honey tones. The honey-esque notes are accented by the pollen-y taste that is in the tea. Overall, a very pleasant tea to sip.

Nicole

I love the name of this one! I’ll have to give it a try. I have yet to find a flowering tea that trips my trigger.

Comments

Nicole

I am obsessed with tea!