drank Creme Brulee by Simpson & Vail

YUM! I absolutely love Crème Brulee, it is my favorite dessert. And Simpson & Vail has managed to capture the flavor of it very well in this blend. This is smooth and creamy … and very dreamy! Vanilla, rich custard flavor, and even that caramelized sugar top … all those flavors are here.

The black tea is a moderately strong black tea, not so strong so as to overwhelm the delicate flavors of the vanilla and custard, but, there’s no mistaking that this is a tea and not a liquified dessert, either. It has a fair amount of astringency, and a touch of bitterness that hits about mid-sip. It is just enough bitterness to cut through some of the sweetness of the Crème Brulee without destroying it.

Very yummy, indeed.

Spencer

Was it necessary to control the steep time very closely to avoid a very bitter cuppa?

LiberTEAS

I brewed it for three minutes. I have a Breville One-Touch so, it does the time for me. :)

Comments

Spencer

LiberTEAS