Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me a sampling of this Oolong.

Backlog (and copying from my written notes):

Earthy aroma when dry, liquor also smells somewhat earthy.

First two infusions: Sweet. Not as earthy as the dry leaf aroma would have lead me to believe. Nice roasted flavor. A very warm and cozy kind of taste, like something you’d want to curl up with next to a roaring fire in the fireplace.

Next two infusions: A floral flavor is beginning to emerge. Still sweet. Sweetness similar to caramel, like a dark caramel with a roasted flavor.

Final two infusions: I could probably take this tea for a couple more infusions, actually, and while I am enjoying this tea, I’m ready for something a little different. This Big Red Robe manages to not only maintain its flavor throughout these infusions, but improve. The complexity becomes more clear with each new infusion.

A very pleasant Big Red Robe experience.

seule771

Might you compare the Da Hong Pao Grade AAA+ (a- cha-doa) seller to this Grade B. I have liked and only note the roasted flavoring in the cups of the Grade AAA+; and I do agree with the earthy smell as it does conjure a warm and cozy kind of taste. It is a yummy tea…sweetened and made with milk and one is good to go finding a fire place or a window with the rain pouring outside while curled with a good book or just that blessed feeling that comes with having shelter. Think of the Hobbit’s Bilbo Babbitt or those small creatures hording food in preparation for winter.

I keep apologizing for liking the Da Hong Pao; quite a kick to this tea. So do a grade AAA+ vs Grade B. Kudos to your review.

Comments

seule771

I am obsessed with tea!