Wow! This is really quite different from the other Morawaka estate Ceylon teas that I’ve tried (those being broken leaf, this is whole leaf). This is lighter and crisper in taste, while the others were actually quite a bit stronger and bolder. This tastes very clean and very much what I’d expect from a Ceylon, only fresher in taste. Very uplifting and makes a nice afternoon cuppa.

The sweetness here is more like honey than burnt-sugar or caramel.

Yummy, and goes great with shortbread cookies too!

Kashyap

not an estate that I have had…what region does it come from and is it highland/lowland or sea side?

LiberTEAS

The Morawaka estate is in the Southern province of Sri Lanka. (Ruhuna region on the coast).

seule771

The Ceylon tea that I have tried was more honey in taste as it was a green tea; but I have noted that Ceylon can be black teas as well. Estate teas are quite different it seems than specialty blends perhaps.

Sorry, sounding out loud.

ashmanra

Seule771: Don’t be sorry! I was surprised to read that you have had green Ceylon, as I have never heard of it! My hubby loves Ceylon teas best, so perhaps that is something I should acquire for him to try. He is not a fan of green tea…yet!

Kashyap

Staufs Coffee roasters has had a Ceylon Oliphant estate green tea for years, mao feng styled leaf…a wonderful offering and while unusual, the huge almost oolong-like leaves help keep the extractions mild and easy and the flavor is nice, strong, but not ‘bright’ or astringent….

Comments

Kashyap

LiberTEAS

seule771

Sorry, sounding out loud.

ashmanra