drank Premium Grade Matcha by Aiya

Backlogging: I am trying out all three of Aiya’s Pure Matcha teas (Premium Grade, Ceremonial Grade, and Organic Ceremonial Grade). Before I do an in-depth review of each tea, I want to try each of them so that I can compare and analyze.

My first sampling of Aiya’s Matcha involved this Premium Grade Matcha.

Color is bright, vivid green. Frothy! Smooth, creamy, not too thick. I recommend starting at 2 ounces and then tasting before adding a third ounce. Two ounces per 2 grams of tea turned out to be perfect for me. Sweet with a sharp, savory bitter note. A nice contrast of flavors. One of the best chawans of Matcha I’ve had in a long time! Very vibrant… no chalkiness in the aftertaste. Smooth and creamy. Very nice.

I noticed after I drank this Matcha that I was truly energized! Don’t drink Matcha too late in the day, or it may be difficult to settle down and start the rest cycle at night!

seule771

Agreed, it is a morning or mid-day, skip a meal kind of drink. I so wanted to try Aiya’s Matcha; good for you. I must put it on shopping list. Thank you.