drank Ceremonial Matcha by Aiya

Today, I tried out the Ceremonial Grade Matcha from Aiya (hopefully tomorrow, I will get to the Organic Ceremonial Grade). Here are my thoughts:

While whisking this one, it was evident how different it was from the Premium Grade Matcha. It was thicker. VERY frothy, froths up more than the Premium Grade. Creamy and thick on the palate, Sweet with a distinct bitter tone. Even though it’s thicker and creamier, it still doesn’t impart a chalkiness in the aftertaste. One thing I noticed about this, is that it stays mixed… no need to whisk while sipping (same is true with the Premium Grade). This is delicious, but, I actually think I prefer the thinner Matcha as it has less of the vegetative taste. I don’t dislike vegetative taste, but, I do prefer it to be on the lighter, milder-tasting side.