Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this Darjeeling – it’s awesome!

My first impression after the first sip or two was “fruity” – it has a beautiful grape-y flavor to it, and as I continue to sip, I also notice an apple like flavor develop. By the time I’ve reached mid-cup, I taste spice notes.

There is less astringency to this Darjeeling than I’ve come to expect from a Darjeeling, instead, I find the finish here to be remarkably smooth and pleasantly sweet. This is a fantastic Darjeeling.

gmathis

Curious about “clonal” … do you know what that term means?

LiberTEAS

Clonal refers to the way the tea plant is grown. Clonal tea bushes are not grown from seeds, but from hybrid plants.

seule771

Hi, nice review and thank you for reminding me of Estate teas. I had forgotten the term and how significant it is and returned to it while reviewing The Tea Garden Tea pu-erh; which prompted me to try my Bromley Estate teas in bag once more. Nothing new, I do however realize that some teas are best appreciated with milk/soy or something likest to milk.

I was trying to say this review reminded me of terminologies and its importance in classification for noting what one has sampled.

I am not making sense once again. Good review…fruity is this character or is it nuts.

Comments

gmathis

Curious about “clonal” … do you know what that term means?

LiberTEAS