Revisiting this tea this afternoon. This is one of the very best green teas that I’ve had. It is sweet and delicate and has a complexity all its own.

I managed six infusions from these leaves (combining the liquor of 2 infusions in one cup), with each cup tasting quite different from the previous one. The first cup was quite sweet, soft and crisp. It has a remarkably clean taste, with hints of citrus that become more apparent in the aftertaste. The second cup was still sweet, but the sweetness had mellowed somewhat and there was a new, savory tone that was emerging. The third and final cup offered a very pleasant savory tone. It was still sweet, but less so than in the first four infusions.

A very, very pleasant green tea. This is one that I will need to order very soon.

TeaBrat

sounds delicious!

Shinobi_cha

Verdant teas sounds like an exceptional company…. they have gone on my (definite) ‘to-try’ list!

Charles Thomas Draper

I have ordered this tea. It sounds awesome….

It is awesome….

Charles Thomas Draper

At Shinobi, just buy it….

Shinobi_cha

Nice! I’m definitely going to, just going to wait until my current green tea cupboard is a bit more empty. I’ve learned to keep no more than about 4-5 green teas there at a time (and of those, no more than 2-3 open). I’m sure I’ll get to try them soon. Thanks for the advice!

Charles Thomas Draper

@ Shinobi, You just gave me some good advice too!

Comments

TeaBrat

sounds delicious!

Charles Thomas Draper

I have ordered this tea. It sounds awesome….

It is awesome….

Charles Thomas Draper

At Shinobi, just buy it….

Charles Thomas Draper

@ Shinobi, You just gave me some good advice too!

I am obsessed with tea!