This is one of the more unusual Oolong teas that I’ve ever encountered, I don’t think I’ve ever tasted one quite like it. It has a savory overtone to it, slightly salty and creamy. It is soupy … like a rich, thick broth. It tastes very nourishing. I agree with TeaEqualsBliss in that this is as though I’m eating something rather than drinking it.

But there is also sweetness to it, and rather than a savory flavor to cut through the sweetness, it is as though the sweetness is here to cut through the savory tones and give it some balance.

Like I said, a truly unusual tea. I really REALLY like this one.

TeaBrat

ha – what a great name!

LiberTEAS

With my 3rd & 4th infusion, a sour note comes in to play. Not a strong sour taste, but, its there. A very palate pleasing effect with sweet, sour, savory-salty and buttery notes. Nice.

Comments

TeaBrat

ha – what a great name!