drank BOO-berry by 52teas

In some of Frank’s blends, the black tea is too astringent or bitter, but that isn’t the case with this tea … it is moderately astringent but I don’t get any bitterness. It’s quite pleasant.

The blueberry is a mild flavor, a bit more mild than I would have liked. The marshmallow is also quite mild. BUT… as the tea cools, the flavors pop. The tea that is in my mug has dropped in temperature (warm, but not hot), and now I can really taste the blueberry and marshmallow.

It would be better, I think, with some vanilla in it. This might give it the sweet, “confection-like” nature of the cereal by which it was inspired.

Overall, not my favorite from 52Teas, but it is certainly enjoyable.

LiberTEAS

PS: Frank, if you’re reading this – and I know that you are! – next year, how about Count Chocula? That’s my favorite Monster Cereal. And… please put real marshmallows in it instead of marshmallow root. :)

Comments

LiberTEAS

I am obsessed with tea!

I am a co-founder of the SororiTEA Sisters:

I no longer write for the SororiTea Sisters but I am still the admin for the blog.

The reason I’m no longer writing for SororiTea Sisters is because I am now the Mad Tea Artist for 52Teas:

I’ll still be posting occasional reviews on teas here on Steepster, mostly backlogged reviews because I’m way behind on getting reviews posted. That’s why I’m keeping two accounts active at the current time – so that I can get those backlogged reviews posted.

I also am intrigued by flavored teas with an unusual or unique flavor combination, which is why I was very excited to be the Mad Tea Artist of 52Teas!

Vancouver, WA