drank Blueberry Fruit Tea by Teavivre

Wow! OK… I wasn’t really prepared to like this quite as much as I do. I thought… roselle = fancy name for hibiscus. But… even though roselle is a species of hibiscus, it doesn’t brew up tasting quite the same as the hibiscus I have known and disliked. This … actually tastes pretty darned good. Better than that, even.

Yes, roselle has a tartness to it that is very similar to hibiscus. In fact, someone “blind tasting” this tisane would likely note that tartness as a hibiscus flavor. But… it doesn’t have that same syrupy thickness that hibiscus usually has. And with that syrupy thickness, the tartness sort of clings to your palate and that’s what I don’t like. But with the roselle, it is much lighter and cleaner feeling. Very refreshing.

The blueberries are delicious in this… but what I really like is the black currant, which gives this kind of a wine-like taste … and makes me think that this would be AMAZING brewed with some mulling spices for a mulled wine-less.

Yes… it’s late. I’m creating weird names for brewed tisanes. I need to go to bed now.

TeaEqualsBliss

I totally agree with you that there is a taste difference between Roselle and Hibiscus! I really LOVE they used Roselle instead!

CHAroma

I second the mulling spices idea.

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

CHAroma

I second the mulling spices idea.

I am obsessed with tea!