With my first sip, I say “this is a Dragon Well?” Then I read the label again, and see that it is Dragon Well Style… not Dragon Well. And yes, it does look like Dragon Well, especially the dry leaves which are flat but a bit brighter green than most Dragon Well teas that I’ve tried.

But the flavor is different to me than a typical Dragon Well. While I love a good Dragon Well, I’m REALLY loving this too. There is an intense sweetness – like sugar! – and yes, I do taste a caramelized banana flavor too (the description suggests a bananas foster taste … and I get that, sans the cinnamon).

This is my tasting note for the first two infusions, more to come!

LiberTEAS

My second two infusions: Wow! just as the tasting notes from Verdant suggest, I can taste the butter rum lifesaver! Incredible. Sweet, as you can probably tell by that comparison, this cup has very faint vegetative tones, even less than the first two. The finish is dry. A very enjoyable cup!

LiberTEAS

Actually, the above comment should read “my third and fourth infusions” rather than my second two infusions… sorry for the confusion.

Charles Thomas Draper

I also had this tonight. Very very nice

Geoffrey

LiberTEAS – if you have a chance, I highly recommend you try this tea again right after drinking Verdant’s Huang Zhi Xiang Dancong. The first time I tasted this Dragonwell, the very day it arrived in Minneapolis, I had happened to taste it on the heels of drinking the above mentioned tea, and I’m not kidding when I say that my jaw fell through the floor in amazement. It was vivid, undeniable bananas foster flavor. I bought a huge supply of the tea and tried brewing it again later, but was unable to reproduce the incredible quality of that first session. It was later discovered by myself and others that the flavor potentiation I experienced that first time was the result of a synergy effect between the strong aftertaste of the Huang Zhi Xiang and the flavor of this tea. Don’t get me wrong, I will affirm that on its own this is a most excellent green tea, but that first tasting with the synergy affect was downright mind-blowing, and I just couldn’t believe that it was possible for tea to produce a flavor like that. One my highest peak experiences with tea. Worth a try if you’re adventurous.

Comments

LiberTEAS

Charles Thomas Draper