drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

This is incredibly good. I have the Laoshan Northern, which is now sold out, but, the Autumn harvest is what is now avaiable through Verdant. I wonder how different in flavor the two harvests are. Anyway…

This is very good… at first, I am reminded very much of a Fujian black tea with the rich, full body of this tea and the chocolate-y undertones. But as I continue to sip, I notice some differences. This tea has more of a honey-like sweetness versus the caramel-y undertones I might experience with a Fujian black, and this one has more of a malty front note. Both are spectacular teas … a good tea cupboard would include teas from both regions!

Very yum, this Laoshan black!

LiberTEAS

The second infusion is a bit different from the first. Lighter, but with an incredible cinnamon-y taste. It is a sweet cinnamon that melds with the honey tones of this tea quite nicely. Really good.

The Purrfect Cup

The Autumn harvest is rather tasty too!

seule771

I was quite harsh with my only review (Diyi pu-erh) a tea by Verdant. I might try this Laoshan at some point when funding allows for this. No rush however, I am sure they don’t want to know of me again.

Comments

LiberTEAS

The Purrfect Cup

The Autumn harvest is rather tasty too!

seule771