Brewing method: Gaiwan. Temperature = 180 degrees F. 45 seconds first infusion, adding 15 seconds for each subsequent infusion.

First two infusions: It is a lovely Oolong, but I keep waiting for the bergamot flavor to emerge. I taste very subtle hints of bergamot essence, but, is is ever-so-slight. The flavors develop very slowly, as I near the bottom of my cup, I taste a little more bergamot. This is a delicious, satisfying Oolong, however, it is not for the Earl Grey lover looking for an Earl Grey Oolong … instead, it is for the Oolong lover looking for something a little different … or perhaps for the lover of both Earl Grey and Oolong who is not expecting this to be the Earl Grey Oolong.

Third and Fourth Infusions: Ahh… there it is. The bergamot is much more apparent now. It is still not a strong EARL GREY kind of flavor, but, instead, it is a subtle innuendo of the tangy citrus flavor of bergamot and a hint of the floral aspect of bergamot as well. It lingers into the aftertaste. It’s very nice.

Fifth and Sixth infusions: this is where the true beauty of the bergamot emerges. It never becomes a strong EARL GREY-like bergamot, but, instead, this offers a different taste and perspective of bergamot that is tangy, citrus-y and floral… but, still different than I am used to. I like it.

seule771

Just to re-iterate: Oolong lover looking for something a little different … were I this, would like it.

My taste palette does not recognize bergamot. I am sorry. I thought it was a hair product but truly to do with tea as well…specifically Earls and I think Assam possibly.

No pun, I do not understand; kind of like ethnicity in teas…I mean tea regions/principalities.

And then I wonder why folks prune at me.

Some what confusingly good review for a Oolong.

Rabs

Woah – I just had Life in Teacup’s Fo Shou Oolong (not the superior one). Now I’m truly wishing that I would have waited to try it at home with proper steeping equipment/ability. Now I’m sort of intimidated to do my own review considering how awesomely epic yours is :)

Comments

seule771

And then I wonder why folks prune at me.

Some what confusingly good review for a Oolong.

Rabs