This is SO GOOD. I am currently on my fourth cup (the combination of my seventh and eighth infusions), and the flavor just keeps getting better and better. I probably will stop now at my fourth cup, only because my husband will be coming home soon and I find myself unable to focus on tea so much when he is home. Tea is more of something for MY time, and I find myself leaving cups unattended when he is home. This is not a tea that should be left unattended!

The first two infusions were lightly sweet. The liquor was thick and there was a caramel-y flavor to it, but, mostly what I noticed was a roasted/charred and camphor kind of flavor. Very little astringency to this cup.

The second cup with infusions #3 and #4 was lighter in body, with a bit of astringency that I noted to be dry. The roasted/charred/woody flavor is still present, but it is lighter, and hints of thinned honey and spice start to come through.

The third cup (infusions 5 and 6) are incredibly sweet. The sweetness is more like a burnt sugar sweetness… almost like molasses. Earthy tones have replaced the woody tones, and the spice flavors have more definition. Notes of freshly baked bread here.

My fourth and final cup is also amazing (but I think cup 3 was the best). This time, I taste cinnamon raisin toast, maybe with a little touch of butter, and the edges are slightly crisped but not burned. Just dark … almost burned.

An absolutely delightful Oolong. A must try for Oolong fans!

Tamm

This sounds beautiful! I really love oolongs. :p

Ninavampi

Wow… It really sounds amazing…

TeaBrat

Want!!!

Comments

Tamm

This sounds beautiful! I really love oolongs. :p

Ninavampi

Wow… It really sounds amazing…

TeaBrat