Backlog: After my first cup of this, I brewed it again, steeping for just 2 minutes in my Breville instead of the 2 1/2 minutes I steeped previously. This rendered a PERFECT cup of tea. No bitterness, beautiful flavors of fig and brown sugar. Delicious. The first cup tasted a bit more “toffee-ish” as it cooled slightly, as I think the combination of the bitter Assam bite and the brown sugar and fig created a sort of toffee flavor, and that toffee flavor was not as apparent in the second cup, but, it was still VERY yummy…

I am obsessed with tea!