drank Coffee Pu'erh by DAVIDsTEA

After finding out this is Dexter3657’s favourite tea I went for it again this morning to see if I can change my opinion. Didn’t. I brewed this for the drive to work (at 6.30 am) and it’s still in my cup as I write this, at 10 am. Not a winner for sure. (But then I hated blue cheese upon trying it for the first few times).

Boiling water, 4 minutes for first steep.

Coffee on the nose makes this appealing. Dark liquor also fools one into thinking “coffee”. It just smells too marine for me. Not fish, really, more like nori (sea weed). And I swear I taste something that resembles aspartame or some artificial sweetener. I will try the tea again later with creamer and ice, I find it more enjoyable that way, but still will be a struggle to drink this.

Dexter

This is what I love about this site. Everyone has different tastes and experiences with the various teas. I’ve certainly experienced the fishy/sea weedy/dirty sock taste on other pu’erhs but not with this one. Maybe I just can’t pick it out from behind all that coffee.

Comments

Dexter

Toronto Canada